Content Management System Choice

In the past 5 years I've worked on 3 major Content Management Systems.

Expression Engine:
Extremely difficult to manage, is one of the least supported. I was asked to manage a site built by Expression Engine, it took about 6 months to be comfortable, but what I found most difficult was finding support and help. I ended up paying for an Indian consultant to help me with the site.

Joomla:
It's a well supported system. I can search on the Internet for help. It's not my favourite and some parts of the CMS annoy me. The hardest part is working out where a module exists in the admin edit screen. With a few years of experience, this tasks gets easier over time.

WordPress:
My favourite CMS. It's cheap to maintain, easy to setup security and find help. Themes are well maintained and many plugins which are regularly maintained.

Comments

Popular Posts